- Departments Q - Z
- Wayne Conservation District
- General Information
Conservation District History
Conservation Districts got there start as an organization to work directly with citizens and farmers to aid in implementing sound farming practices to preserve soil and water following the devastation of the dust-bowl era in the 1930's. The first conservation district in the U.S. was created in N.C. in 1937. Pennsylvania got its first Conservation District in 1945! Now Pennsylvania has 66 Conservation Districts, one per county except Philadelphia County.
Wayne Conservation District
Wayne Conservation District was founded in 1955. For over 60 years Wayne Conservation District has been serving the residents and agricultural community of Wayne County! Many things have changed in that time such as agricultural practices, soil science, water quality standards, environmental regulations, etc.
Wayne Conservation District is committed to the residents of Wayne County to keep up to date on these changes and provide our expertise on a variety of subjects related to the conservation of our resources. The dedicated staff at the conservation district are committed to working to facilitate wise use of our resources and preserve our natural heritage in this wonderful county.
Service in the Community
WCD does offers a variety of services which are further elaborated on in this site including:
- Educational outreach and programs
- Agricultural consultations, no-till programs, cover crop programs, grant application assistance.
- Erosion and Sediment control assistance
- E&S, NPDES, General Permit review, processing, consultation
- Water encroachment assistance
- Water and pond management assistance/consultation
- Forestry consultations and assistance
- Organizing the Woodsman's Competition at the Wayne County Fair annually
- Dirt Gravel Low Volume Road(DGLVR) program oversight
- Participates in various community programs and events
- Holding the annual spring seedling sale
- Complaint investigation and followup
If it has to do with the great outdoors or resource conservation Wayne Conservation District is likely either involved in it or can point you in the right direction! Wayne Conservation District frequently works with many townships, Penn State, the DEP, NRCS, PFBC, NPS, PGC, USACE, and several others as cooperating agencies and organizations.
If you have any questions feel free to give us a call or stop down during business hours!
Conservation District Directors
Review a listing of Directors and Associate Directors for the Conservation District.
Stay up-to-date on current organizational news and announcements.
Public Meeting Agendas
Agendas & Minutes
Access useful resources related to wildlife rehabilitation and management.
Outdoor Recreational Opportunities
Submit form request assistance with identify plants, animals, insects, etc.
Open Records/Right-to-Know Request
This link will provide information and a fillable form for making Open Records and Right-to-Know requests.
- Pennsylvania’s Environment Facility Application Compliance Tracking System (eFACTS)
- Aerial photos and Topos (2005 and infrared)
- U.S. Historic Aerial Photography (1937-1969)
- Soil Maps, Aerial Photos and Topos
- Wayne County/GIS Mapping – photos, roads and other
- Private Drinking Water Wells - Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Private Water Wells - Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- Radon - Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)